02 July 2008

My visit to the Farmer's Market...

This past weekend, I ventured out to my local farmer's market. You can find one close to you here.

The city of Dallas which we are sort of a suburb of has a HUGE farmers market downtown. Along with the drive and the parking snah-foos, some days it just doesn't give you a happy feeling about going.

The Coppell Farmer's Market, although small and close to home, has a lot to offer, including;
peaches
strawberries
zuccini
cucumbers
plants
herbs
flowers
potatoes
onions
beans
honey
tea
soap


I bought a pound of the biggest, yummiest strawberries ever! They were the size of apricots and the reason there is no picture is -- I confess that I ate them on the way home! :) (Yes, mom, I rinsed them first).

I also bought some yummy local honey from Round Rock just north of Austin (I hear local honey is supposed to help with allergies.). Bought peaches that were just too beautiful for words and a small box of coconut macaroons -- yes, homemade and DELICIOUS! I smelled, tasted and looked at eveything there (12-20 vendors) and felt like a bee having to visit EVERY vendor and pollinate each table.

1 comment:

Art Nest said...

Hello! I saw you commented on my blog...thanks so much for your compliment! We have a local Farmer's Market here, but I've never visited before. I think it's time I went! Keep in touch

Blog Archive