07 September 2008

Grand Parents Day

Since 1978, when then President Carter proclaimed today Grand Parents Day, we have celebrated. Many take the opportunity to send a card or small gift to their grandparents or to call them. If your grandparents are no longer with you -- you can always adopt another elderly person for the day. Or go out of your way to do something nice for the elderly in your area.

I will take time today to remember my grandparents and all that I learned from each of them. Later this month, I will be doing some volunteer work in a retirement community nearby.

1 comment:

Rosebud Collection said...

What a beautiful thing to do..we can learn so much from the elderly and I find they are the most cast off..I know this..I fought for my mother till the day she died..

Blog Archive