07 November 2012

THANK YOU!

When I was a kid, I remember going to the polls with my mom to vote. Being behind the little fabric curtain made me giggle. It was hard to be patient but there were always elephant and donkey cookies and coffee on the way out. As a kid, I thought voting was really cool. I didn't really understand what the animals represented but I knew it was an important thing to do.

Now that I'm a grown up (at least on the outside) we vote digitally. We are moved through the line like cattle, an electronic key activates the tablet where we vote and there are no cookies afterwards. I can't lie, I miss the cookies. :)

I have to say a big thank you to all the suffragettes, soldiers and so-and-sos that came before me that made it possible for me to have the right to vote!


1 comment:

Blog Archive